Your license does not seem to work - what to do - step by step
Here are the steps to follow if a license does not work:
UNIX: In a terminal window execute the command:
The regular behavior is that the output may be several lines (up to around 20) like the following:
Address already in use - sleeping xx
where xx is a number that is incremented for each line. That may take several minutes. After that you should see:
Ready to answer queries on port 56791
- and everything should now be working.
If the above does not happen it is important to know precisely what other output there is.
There are many possibilities:
- The dispatcher cannot find the license file
- The dispatcher cannot find a valid password in the license file
- The dispatcher gets confused about the license file
- The dispatcher does not find it's own primary key in a license
- The dispatcher does not agree about the IP-address in a license a.s.o.
- Usually knowing the exact output will help us determine what went wrong.
IF the output for some reason does not tell what went wrong, then we need a bigger hammer - in the terminal window do the command:
ecdaemon -loglevel debug -logfile /tmp/ecdaemon.log start